Friday, September 26, 2008

Monthly Challange with Charmay

My friend, Charmay, from Lawrenceville and I came up with a plan. We're both very interested in the same things (self-sustaining/reliant living) but don't really practice it enough. So what we're going to do is to each choose one thing and for a month, work on that one thing and take notes. At the end of the month, we'll pass on the things we found out about it, how well it worked, what didn't work, tricks we found to make it easier, that kind of thing and send it off to each other. That way, we'll stay motivated to at least work on one thing a month. She's going to work on building and using a solar oven. I don't know yet what I'll be doing...there's so much to choose from! So, if anyone would like to join our challange, just let me know! :o)

3 comments:

Valerie said...

That's so fun that you can do that together. You know that I'm not self-sustaining (love my dishwaher!, kill most plants...), but I do want to be a better steward of my small part of the world. If I can figure out anything I can try for the month, I'll let you know, but it wouldn't be as big as yours and your friends. Any ideas?

Tiff :o) said...

That'd be great, we'd love to hae you join us. It's all just about sharing info so whatever you want to do is fine with us. Just let me know if you will be doing it so I can get your address to Charmay before the end of the month.

chrisnallynkids said...

Interesting! The main thing I want to work on right now is preserving myself by getting my kids to bed at a more reasonable hour on a consistant basis!!! I'd also like to take lots more walks and work up to running, and loose some weight. Charmay told me today she is going to work on walking more places. That seems like a pretty ambitious enough thing to do without the solar oven! (Yes, ambitious becuase she has 3 small children!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails