Apple Breakfast Patties
1 egg white slightly beaten
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup apple, finely chopped
3 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
2 tablespoons fresh parsley snipped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground sage
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 dash ground red pepper
1/2 pound ground pork or ground turkey breast
1.In a medium mixing bowl combine egg white, onion, apple, oats, parsley, salt, sage, nutmeg, pepper, and ground red pepper.
2. Add ground pork or turkey . Mix well.
3. Shape the mixture into eight 2-inch wide patties.
4. Spray a cold 10-inch skillet with nonstick coating/cooking spray. Heat over medium-low heat. 5. Cook patties for 8-10 minutes or till meat is no longer pink and juices run clear, turning once.
Makes 8 patties.
2 tbsp. bacon drippings
1/4 cup chopped onion
3 tbsp. flour
1 bay leaf
1 1/2 cups tomato juice
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp. brown sugar
1/8 tsp. celery salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1. Melt drippings in medium saucepan, over medium heat. Add onion, and cook until onion is yellow.
2. Add the flour and bay leaf and continue to cook until flour is deep gold, 4 or 5 minutes.
3. Add tomato juice and then whisk mixture until smooth.
4. Add the rest of ingredients and cook until mixture is completely thick, 4 or 5 minutes longer. Remove bay leaf.