Sorry, no pic in this post...I have a picture of one for another recipe post coming soon though.
Sweet Potato Rolls
1 large sweet potato
1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup milk
3 1/2-4 1/2 cups bread flour (all purpose can substitute)
1. Peel potato and dice into a sauce pan, add enough water to cover and cook until tender, drain reserving 1/4 cup of the potato water.2. Cool the potato water to lukewarm and dissolve yeast in it.
3. Mash potato and beat in salt, sugar and butter vigorously.
4. Heat milk until a film shines on top, skim and add to potato mixture. When the right temperature has been reached whisk in the dissolved yeast.
5. Stir in flour 1 cup at a time until kneading consistency is reached, lift onto a floured board and knead until smooth and elastic, adding flour as necessary. Place in a greased bowl and cover with a tea towel, let rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
6. Punch down dough, pinch off pieces slightly larger than a golf ball and place in greased muffin pan, let rise until doubled.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 425°F for 13 to 15 minutes or until done (ovens vary), remove to a wire rack to cool.