I made this with the cannellini bean amaranth soup I posted a while back. It was really good and super simple...can't beat that! I will double the glaze next time though.
Jam and Balsamic Glazed Chicken
4 chicken breasts (bone in, trimmed, skin removed or boneless, skinless whatever your choice)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, divided
1/4 cup apricot jam
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 400°F Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly oil or coat it with nonstick spray.
2. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper, then rub with 1/2 teaspoon thyme. Place bone-side up in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes for boneless or with bone in, 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat jam or jelly, vinegar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon thyme over medium-low heat until glaze is melted. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
4. Turn chicken meat-side up. Brush liberally with jam glaze. Continue to roast, brushing twice with remaining glaze, until the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes more, (20 minutes for bone in).
5. Serve with some brown (or white rice).
3 Easy Steps to Getting Kids to Love Veggies
1 week ago