Thursday, October 22, 2009

A new way to cook pork chops

I'm pretty new to sweet potatoes. I have found them revolting in the past but as I have been trying to broaden my food horizons I have found that they are actually pretty good. I really liked this dish and again, it was easy. (The whiteish looking thing in the pot is one of the sweet potato rolls I made.)

Sweet Potato & Apple Pork Chops


4 pork chops (fat removed)
3 medium sweet potatoes, sliced
2 apples, sliced
1/3 cup raisins
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp nutmeg
2 Tbsp mustard
3 Tbsp apricot preserves
1. Slice sweet potatoes and apples and place in a casserole dish.
2. Sprinkle with raisins, brown sugar and nutmeg.
3. Place pork chops on top of sweet potato/apple mixture.
4. Mix mustard and preserves.
5. Coat the pork chops with the mustard mixture.
6. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

It sounds so good--and doesn't look at all like a dry, creepy pork chop. :)

Stella Andes said...

I think it was very creative and looks really yummy too. I didn't like sweet potatoes till I was about 20, and then I found out they could be pretty good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails