Wednesday, May 25, 2011

calling all cooks

I need your help! It's been in the 90's all week here...and for a while with a few breaks for a day or two. We can't turn our AC on yet...who knows when we'll be able to. Our house is really hot and I hate heating it up further with cooking. Adam is refusing to eat hot food right now anyway so it's pointless. So, I need some good ideas for good summer meals that require little to no cooking, are healthy and have a very minimum (none is even better) of proccessed foods. So, please leave a comment or email me with your ideas so I can feed my family tonight...and through the summer. :o)

3 comments:

Heather and Thomas Mann said...

Sheri and I are keeping our eyes out for recipes for you! Hold on to hope :0) 90's already? YUCK!

Valerie said...

oh wow... the weather has just cooled down (a little too much) today and i had to drink a hot tea this evening before i went to paint our bathroom... sending you some cool air :)
well, we are a family who eats a lot of veggies so in the summer i'd say gazpachos & cold soups, or dips/salsas, with good bread. i would suggest some rolls, like makis or sushis, but you still have to cook the rice first... homemade smoothies are healthy & will cool you down a bit...

Valerie said...

I remember how much I hated cooking on the hot days before I had central AC. Now I have it and I'm not afraid to use it. :) Sorry I can't think of anything specific. I love salads, maybe with a grilled chicken breast on top. Hope you find some good ones.

Related Posts with Thumbnails