Saturday, July 23, 2011

why I love my clothesline

In my younger years, we had a clothesline some of the time. I can't say if I recalled complaining hen I had to help or not. Mom, did I? I do remember always liking the looks of it. In fact, I have a vivid memory of standing in the bathroom and the curtains blowing in the muggy breeze. The clothes on the line were in full view and they too were flapping back and forth. To me, it is peaceful, natural, attractive. I know there are some people that don't like clotheslines because either they don't like the feel of line dried clothes or they think it looks like white trash...I don't care about them. I love my line. I love to see the clothes displayed, to see them flapping in the breeze, to smell them after they've been airing out all day in the fresh air. Before we put up the line early this line, I was hanging them up inside and didn't get the same joy seeing them hanging in the laundry room with artificial light. How could you not find joy in this simple pleasure??!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup, I don't know why, but clothes on a clothesline looks lovely to me too! That's alot of clothespins! love,andrea

Related Posts with Thumbnails