Tuesday, July 19, 2011

forgotten park

Yesterday, I spent my lunch break at a forgotten park. It used to be beautifully maintained but in 2009, we had a lot of flooding and it was abandoned. The trails were covered in mud several inches thick and logs were strewn in various places. Trash had washed up all over as well. The trails are overgrown and the trash cans are past overflowing. It may not be as pristine as it used to be but I still enjoy taking a walk around the lake and eating while looking at the lake.


I thought it would be perfect to pick some blackberries to go with my lunch. Sadly, most are gone now. I only found three worth picking...although looking at this picture makes it look like I had more I could have picked.

This is on a jetty into the lake.




The patio where the table I eat at has what I call the secret garden. There are so many flowers (though they only seem to bloom one kind at a time. Today, it's the black-eyed susans, my favorite!

My lunch was homemade corned beef, with homemade sauerkraut on a homemade soaked bun....and three tiny foraged blackberries.

That's the picnic table below, overlooking the lake.


They have a guard driving by now and then and he knows my car. He used to come down and find me every time to see if anyone was up to mischief but he realized it was the same car over and over and no longer comes looking for me since I am not trouble.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat! Having the park being "forgotten", you get to have it all to yourself. I like the 3 little berries! ha. love,andrea

Heather and Thomas Mann said...

How fun for you! It would feel like a secret garden!

Tiff :o) said...

When the peonies were in bloom, it really was amazing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails