Monday, December 19, 2011

pipe cleaner decorations

I really should be in bed so this will be a quick one. Here's a couple more decorations I made. This time they're for the tree.

This was simple. I just curled several packages of pipe cleaner to stick through out the tree.

This one, not as simple but I liked the idea of them better than the curled ones. Unfortunately neither of them had the impact I was hoping for. The sticks are pipe cleaner and the pom poms are ones I made. The pom poms were heavy so the pipe cleaners bent over...the group was fun to hold and watch as they danced around, like wheat blowing in the wind...or probably more like a breeze. But regardless, they were fun to watch. I made the pom poms by wrapping yarn around a broom handle over and over again until there was a significant amount wound up. I tried to contain it to about an inch wide on the handle. Then I slid it off the handle and placing it on the table where an already cut piece of yarn was already laying. I tied up the center of the bunch real tight and tied it around the pipe cleaner as well. Then I cut the loops of yarn all the way around. Then you have to trim the "furs" until you have a fairly even length all the way around. And you have a pom pom. Not complicated but a bit time consuming. I only made 10. I had plans of putting them all at the top of the tree but ended up spreading them throughout the tree and wish I had left them all together. Oh well.

Here's a not good pic of these two elements on the tree.

3 comments:

Heather and Thomas Mann said...

You did a lot of work for the party! it was worth it! the decorations look great!

Anonymous said...

That is so unique and neat! Good idea with the broom handle. You are a very meticulous worker! love,andrea

Tiff :o) said...

Thanks guys. It felt like a lot of stuff but the gym was so big, it looked like I hardly added anything.

Related Posts with Thumbnails