Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Jasmine's day at the office

Jasmine's vet apopintment was for early Tuesday morning. She was walking with only a slight limp. The vet took a look at her paw and thought he could get it out easily so he would try first, then numb it if he had to do more work to get it out. It turned out to be a very easy pull and he inspected and felt around. He felt satisfied that he got it all. She got her rabies shot while she was there.

I asked him to do a quick once over on her to make sure she was still in good enough shape to be running with my bike. He listened to her heart and lungs and said they sounded great. He felt her body and was impressed by the fact that she is the perfect weight. Somehow, all our dogs have the ability to stop eating when they are full. So many dogs never learn self control when it comes to food. Recon, the police dog in Wanship, ate about 4 cups of food twice a day and he acted like he was starving every time he got food. So besides the fact that we run almost every day, Jasmine only eats what she needs so she really is the one responsible for her girlish figure. I could learn something from her...but I don't think I ever will!




The fog and sunrise made for some pretty driving to the vet's office. I love atmospheric perspective.




I didn't want Jasmine hurting her foot by jumping and running with the dogs so I took her to work with me. She laid on some blankets under my desk for a while but soon, she was bored and wanted nothing more than to go outside. She wandered into the main hall, in front of my office, and laid in front of the door for most of the rest of the day. She did get to go outside a few times for short walks and had lunch with me.
This morning, I was getting ready to leave and she actually ran upstairs, afraid she was going to have to come with me again today for another ultra boring day. I let her and Tucker outside to play and enjoy the warm morning weather.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails