Thursday, April 2, 2009

Trying new foods

Adam and I went to Tucanos for the first time tonight. I have always been a bit of an adventurous eater (at least compared to the majority of the others in our family). I didn’t start out thinking I was going to try new foods but when I saw quail eggs (hard boiled) and prischutto in the salad bar, I had to give them a try. When one of the meat servers came around with chicken hearts, I threw caution to the wind and got one. It didn’t taste bad…it actually tasted just like their asada, I thought, which was Adam’s favorite. The texture was more spongy though (not a lot) and there was a slight crunch as I bit into the outer layer. Then another server came around with white meat fish (usually cod) in a mango sauce. I hate fish but since I was trying new things, I had to accept it. It tasted a lot like a fish stick but the mango sauce really went well with it and I loved it. I took one bite of the quail egg. They aren’t very big and I was going to pop the whole thing in my mouth but I’m glad I didn’t because it was pretty nasty. Then I tried the prischutto and it was pretty gross too. Adam had gotten a fried banana and I tried it too. I’m not a banana fan but I do eat them from time to time, especially after I get a charley horse. It was actually the worst thing I ate today! Yuck!

Word came back, Adam doesn’t have an infection, it was just an irritation to the Neosporin. It actually seems to be looking a little better since he hasn’t been using any for the past three days.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I love their fried bananas. We all do at our house. We have to split them up every time (not that we go often at all). You are definitely daring. I would never try quail eggs, but especially after your review. And hearts--Ewwww!

Glad to hear about Adam's finger. Lingering infections can get pretty bad.

Stella Andes said...

You tried more than I would've, but then I am often not so adventurous. Glad you found some things you really liked amongst all the food that wasn't to your liking.

I hope Adam's finger gets better and better.

Related Posts with Thumbnails