Friday, April 10, 2009

Tick removal


Over the 7 years we have had the dogs, we have had to remove ticks maybe 10 times. And most of those were while we were stranded in Kentucky on the move out to Wanship. It was always hard and the head usually came off the body and we would have to dig it out. The dogs did not enjoy the process at all. Just after moving here, I saw a tick remover for $5 at REI so I bought it in case we ever needed it again. Since I plan on having dogs the rest of my life, it is quite likely that we would need it.

Jack came in a few mornings ago with a tick on his eyelid. I pulled out the tick remover, the Pro Tick Remedy. It took me a few tries to get the right angle on the tick and Jack wasn't very happy with the whole thing since I was pulling on his eye lid. But the tick relesed its hold and I made sure the head was still attached to the body. Then I flushed it down the toilet. It took much less time to get it off than it ever has before and I was able to do it by myself.

So, I really recommend this item if you ever need to remove a tick...or just to carry in your bag if you do any hiking or camping.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails