I made these cookies last night. I like to use the time that Adam isn't living with me to make things he doesn't like. He has never liked double chocolate cookies. I really like them so I was glad to have some. The recipe says that it makes 54 cookies and I knew I would never eat that many before they went bad so I made a few sheets full and froze the rest of the dough for later.
Chewy Double Chocolate Cookies
1 1/4 cups butter or margarine, softened
2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups peanut butter chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 oz. pkg.)
1. Heat oven to 350°.
2. In large mixer bowl; cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
4. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually blend into creamed mixture. Stir in peanut butter or chocolate chips.
5. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-9 minutes. (Do not overbake; cookies will be soft. They will puff while baking and flatten while cooling.).
6. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet onto wire rack. Cool completely.
Fudge-Filled Vanilla Bundt Cake
2 days ago