Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Winder - Struggleville

Whoops, I did some drafts and I got this one and the next one in the wrong order. Oh well. This was from Winder to a church on Pleasnt Hill Church RD. I didn't really know where I was going but I had a vauge idea of directions...I got turned around though. I had to stop and ask someone for directions to Highway 82. Turns out I was already on it.




Highway 82 actually had a good shoulder!! A first for a Georgia Road...so far I like it.


At about this point I stopped to adjust my rear brakes. I don't know how long they had been rubbing on the rim but they were too tight. It sure makes it easier to ride without the brakes holding my wheel.


Cutest little pony I ever saw! His mom is a miniature so he is smaller than any foal I've seen. The sign out in front of these horses said Equine Retirement Center, stall available. SO if your horse has gone into retirement and is looking for a good community to move into, I've found a spot. ;o)


Lots of water towers in the area.


Pig City Flea Market. I was pretty neat. A woman offered to take my picture in front of it..I declined but should have taken her up on it.



I love this litle house! It's in Struggleville which appears to have once had a gas station and a feed store and a few houses. This house was in bad disrepair and not being lived in anymore. The feed store and gas station are both closed.


Beautiful home in downtown Winder


Locomotive Museum...it's a little bit bigger than the bike.

Made it back to the car before the sun set. It was my fastest ride since the ride I did the day after Thanksgiving with some people from church. I was out for 2:16 and did 21 miles. So it was 9.4 mph average, I believe. I really wanted to make good time today and for me, that is good time. It's a lot slower than I used to be (back when I was riding everyday) but since I don't ride everyday anymore I have to be happy with the slower speeds. I really enjoy being out on the rural roads so much better than the roads near Lawrenceville and Dacula. But I can't do rides so far from home on week ngihts since I have to go home and take care of the dogs afterward. Learning as I go.

1 comment:

Heather and Thomas Mann said...

Looks like a cool trip! You find such cool things to take pics of!

Related Posts with Thumbnails