Saturday, January 24, 2009

6 months since my accident

Well, in just a couple of days, it will be six months since my accident. I'm really happy that I no longer have any pain associated with this. A nice side effect has been that hair no longer grows in the scar...although I'm sure that will change somewhere down the line. Also, the scar is the smoothest spot of skin on me.


This picture is from the day after the accident. It was much more painful than it looks here. Adam had just finished cleaning all four of my wounds out and I was in SOOOOOO much pain. I laid down in bed and my whole body was shaking from the pain. Adam called a pharmacist after about an hour. They said I could take more pain medicine. I did and was out pretty quick. Luckily, each day, the pain got easier to bear.


I think this one was about 2 months after the accident. I was still having to wash it every day and it was still bandagedall but 2 hours a day for a little airing out. This was just after the infection was finally taken care of.


This was taken today. While it's quite big, it's not nearly as big as it was in the beginning. I am sure I'll be scarred for the rest of my life but it doesn't look as bad as I thought it was going to. Of course, when I go out into the sun to bike or walk it will become very dark, like all my scars do and will be even more noticable. Skin is greatly unappreciated but I don't think I'll evr take mine for granted again.

5 comments:

Stella Andes said...

Oh, poor Tiff! I'm sorry this looks so bad! It was really nasty even two months after the accident. Glad it doesn't still hurt though!!!

Heather and Thomas Mann said...

Wow! I can't believe how much better it looks! But YIKES! That was so yucky before. Glad it isn't causing you anymore problems. What a great story you have to go along with your war wound :)

Tiff :o) said...

What's funny is that after I tell people how I got the scar, every single person has asked me if I was alone. That's always the first thing out of their mouths. I guess they're trying to figure out if I'm just stupid or careless...don't know if the answer helps them figure it all out.

Valerie said...

I'm glad you finally don't have any pain. I hope nothing like that ever happens to you again!

Unknown said...

Wow sis. I know I saw it for real but it still surprises me how awful it looked. I am glad there is no more pain! But that IS certainly one whopper of a scar! <3 ya

Related Posts with Thumbnails