Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Saturday's bicycle ride

AFter working all week on getting enough sleep...and extra even, I am starting to feel more human again. I am getting some of my energy back. Finally, after a couple months of not being able to go for a ride, I got to go on one on Saturday. The weather was so nice! It was in the mid 60's! It rained on me in the beginning but I kept biking and it eventually stopped. I didn't really know where I was going...just exploring really. I made my way to one of the local bike trails. It's got nice scenery and no vehicles, of course.










I though they had extended the bike trail but I rode to the wrong end to ride the new extension and they had it closed off in the middle so I couldn't get through to check it out. I wasn't ready to head back home so I went to explore some more.




At the end of the gravel road were a couple horses and a community garden. That's a place where you "own" a plot and you can plant veggies. I spent way too much time there because I was amazed by it.










They even had a chicken coop but the sign said they were on vacation.


After my visit at the garden, I decided it was time to head home. Adam's cousin was in town so we were meeting for dinner and I wanted to be able to walk the dogs before that so they could enjoy the nice weather too.


Great ride! Now I need to keep on track with my sleep so I can have energy for riding.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful countryside/pics! Ha...the chickens were away on vacation! Yes, it has been feeling like spring...I'm glad you got your ride in to perk you up! I'd love to have that community garden!(in my yard of course...and that yard also.) love,andrea

Heather and Thomas Mann said...

glad you got a ride in... especially since you got sick after. Beautiful pics, as usual. cool shot of the horse :)

Valerie said...

The trails look so pretty. And I love that pic of the horse. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails