Thursday, May 21, 2009

Jack played with me :o)

Ever since we got Jack, I've been trying to get him to play with a toy with me. He plays tug of war with Jasmine with all kinds of toys but he has never played with a human. Yesterday afternoon, I walked outside where the dogs already were and Jack came running to me with a stuffed hedgehog in his mouth. That's one of Jasmine's favorite toys and they play with it together a lot. He played tug of war for a minute before I got it out of his mouth and I teased him with it and threw it. He ran after it and grabbed it. I ran over to him and we did it again. Then he was done with that toy and I was so happy but then he grabbed a water bottle (they love the crinkly sound they make) and started dancing around with it so we did the same thing with the water bottle and I got two throws in with that one too. But after the last throw, he grabbed it and laid down with it.

Jack played with me. :o) I know it doesn't sound like much but I didn't think it would ever happen with Jack. Whatever he went through ealy in life, he wasn't taught to play and most dogs never do if they're not taught or not allowed as puppies.

1 comment:

Stella Andes said...

Wow, so that sounds like a breakthrough!

Related Posts with Thumbnails