Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Discouraged...and bored

I'm getting really discouraged about my leg. It's been just over three weeks since my accident and I still have a large knot on my right hip. Both my hip and calf are infected and I'm not sure, despite being on my second round of antibiotics for over a week now, that it's going away. I am so sick of laying on my left side that I gingerly tried laying on my right side but the big bruised knot wouldn't allow it. I still have to scrub them every night and though my hip is getting much better, the calf stings more than ever when I do it. I've gone through over $200 in medical supplies and I'm not finished yet. The most annoying part is that I have all this forced free time and I can't even go visit anyone or go window shopping. I wish I could just hop on my bike and take a nice, leisurely ride. But I can't...I have to stay home.

When Adam came back, he brought along an afghan I started working on a year ago and haven't really touched in almost as long. I started working on it again and it's helping to aleviate some of my boredom. It's really just in the beginning stages. It's going to be large enough to be on a king sized bed if I ever finish it so I have a very long way to go....it'll will surely still be a work in progress when I am up and about again.

Adam is having some medical problems too. When he was in GA, he went to his oncologist for his yearly check up and it was discovered that his thyroid is hyperactive so he needs an ultrasound of his thyroid to figure out what's going on. He's going to try to schedule an appointment for that while he's still in UT with me.

Other than that, Adam cooked dinner and bought ice cream for dessert last night so I guess life isn't all bad.

2 comments:

chrisnallynkids said...

I'm sorry that you are down. You will be so thankful when you are "all better." It's amazing how something like this makes you appreciate SO MUCH just being able to get out of bed in the morning and do "normal" things.

Tiff :o) said...

Yeah, no kidding...I'll just be greatful when I can get out of bed normally. Doing normal things will definitely be nice though!

Related Posts with Thumbnails