Tuesday, February 7, 2012

healthy cookies?

Well, I am not sure if these are technically healthy, they certainly aren't unhealthy...unless I ate a ton of them.

They're super simple to make, you don't have to bake them, they taste good...what's not to love? Oh, and the recipe is small enough that you don't have enough sitting around taunting you. It only makes 4 cookies and I halved it so I only got two cookies but that's fine because that was plenty to satisfy my sweet tooth.



Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

12 pitted dates
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1 tbsp reduced-fat peanut butter (I used Adam's crunchy peanut butter)

Place the dates in the bowl of a mini-food processor fitted with the chopping blade (I used my blender). Process until the dates are very finely chopped and stick together. With a spatula, transfer to a small mixing bowl. Add the oats and peanut butter. Using an electric mixer fitted with beaters or your hands, mix well.

Divide the mixture into 4 equal amounts. Shape each into a ball. Place one ball between two sheets of waxed paper. Flatten the ball to a 3" diameter cookie. Repeat with each ball. Serve immediately or stack between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight plastic container. Refrigerate for up to 5 days.

Makes 2 (2-cookie) servings

I just made the cookies in my hand, no paper wasted and it didn't stick to my hands at all. Yum!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for that recipe! I actually had it many years ago (about 20!) and I can't remember where I got it, but I don't have it anymore so it brought it back into my mind! They are good! love,andrea

Valerie said...

I remember seeing this somewhere, but I've never tried it. I don't think I've ever even bought dates before.

Related Posts with Thumbnails