2-3 weeks ago, I bought a couple pomegranates for Adam since he really likes them. He never got around to eating them so I looked online to see what I could come up with to use them. I only ended up needing one for this recipe.
If you've never seen the inside of a pomegranate, they are weird. The juicy seeds look exactly like ruby red corn kernels...but with a seed inside.
I didn't find out the proper way to get the seeds out until I had already splashed the blood over everything! Adam says you cut it in half, then turn it over in your palm and smack the skin side repetedly and the seeds just falls out on their own. Seems less messy than picking them out and squirting the juice everywhere.
It doesn't look like much cooked but it was pretty good. Adam says the ginger made it a little funky but I liked it. I served it with a baked sweet potato and kale. Well, I got a sweet potato and Adam got a regular red potato. He actually had a few bites of the kale which surprised me.
The best part of the pork chops is that one chop is only 150 calories! I can definitely afford to eat that while dieting!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice (I used the juice from one pomegranate which turned out to be more like 3/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger (used ground ginger)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 pork chops
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch