I get alot of people landing on my blog because of the post I made on building my own bikejoring line so I thought I'd share an update. I don't get to use it anymore since Jasmine had to have the knee surgery but I did get to use it a few times before she tore her ACL. I used it on the last ride I took Tucker on. I just doubled them up on his harness but since he refused to run without Jasmine, I haven't used it since.
As usual, Tucker stopped to pee on something while Jasmine trots away. The line stretched and the tension warned Tucker to be on his way before they both got a sharp tug from one another.
The splices held perfectly, even the one I made up. I added the bungee, which was a length of cheap shock cord found at REI. I knotted the ends and taped them with electrical tape so they couldn't slip out of the line. It was tough sliding them into the areas that had a rope already threaded through it but not impossible. It did negate some of the side pulling they did on each other. All in all, I was very happy with it. I just wish I had been able to use it more.