Monday, February 1, 2010

Bikejoring this weekend

I took the dogs out this weekend. These guys went out for about 4 miles, Bear went out for 3 1/2 miles (too long) and Jack went for a shortish walk. I took them to a future park. I was hoping that there would be a trail already. It turns out that there was a short trail that led to a current park. They had two of these cows with different designs.

Tucker was scared to death of Chatamoochee (that's the cow's name) it took a couple minutes for him to get this close and, as you can see, he refused to put his back to her lest she should do a sneak attack! I decided not to check out the other cow.
I love all the little churches around here. They're so cute and they make you feel like you're in a small town. This one is in historic downtown Suwanee.

Suwanee Creek Greenway...the same trail we were on last weekend. No dogs to chase this time though.

Water break on the boardwalk above the beaver pond. The pond is mostly dry right now...soggy but no deep water.


Tucker was tuckered! Notice the ball between his elbow and his face. He slept like a baby all the way home. Jasmine didn't sleep much. She was enjoying the wind in her face from the open windows.

5 comments:

Us said...

Poor Tucker! He looks so worn out. I love his coat though, it's such beautiful coloring.

Valerie said...

Afraid of the strange looking cow?? Hehe Sounds like you all had a workout!

Stella Andes said...

Interesting cows! You are getting out and about so much lately. Good for you! (and for the dogs too) Pretty scenery.

Tiff :o) said...

Jared, someone asked me on our last outing if Tucker was a Catalouha Leopard. I remember that that's your favorite dog.

Lisah said...

Thank you so much for this blog. Just began bike joring with my 2 German Shorthaired Pointers and recently moved to GA from Boston. While searching for larger venues to run them, I happened upon your blog. We're definitely going to check out Suwanee Creek Park! I could hug you - we're only 35 miles away from it.

Hoping your pup's ACL is healed and that you've been able to get back to joring with them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails