Sunday, January 27, 2013

Laundry

It was time to do laundry but I was out of detergent.  Time to make some more.  
To make it, I mix 1 1/2 cups of washing soda, 1 1/2 cups of Borax and 1 grated soap.  I've been using Dr. Brommer's lavender soap. 


 The best thing I ever discovered for laundry was a wash board.  I can't believe these things ever went out of use.  They make removing stains easier than I have ever found.  This shirt below had a black streak of grease from one edge of the sleeve to the other.  10-15 minutes of soaping and scrubbing and the stain was gone as if it never happened.

Before:

After:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi! I will have to write down your laundry soap recipe. I hear it works very well! Good old fashioned know-how! A wash board would be a good addition to a laundry room for stains! My grandma, all her life, had a wringer machine and wouldn't switch to automatic. Here, I knew a 94-year old who washer all her clothes in her kitchen sink in her apartment!

I hope your job gets better. Maybe someone at your place of work needs to read up on how to be nice! I just picked up the old book by Dale Carnegie "How to win Freinds and Influence People" at Barnes and Noble. A good book for any supervisor to read!

Pretty cake! so nice of you to bake it! And the decorations....oh...and lastly...if lye gets impossible to find, brambleberry sells it at their website.

Related Posts with Thumbnails