Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Continuing the tradition of the title



There was a joke in Adam’s family that all his personal pets (not the family dogs) outranked him because for some reason, he had given them all titles. So we have carried on that tradition with our dogs. First, we pick out their names, then we pick a title that goes well with their name. It is not part of their official name, nor is it even ever really used but they still must have one. Bear and Jasmine were hard to pick out names for. We had each one for a few weeks before we finally decided on the names. I think you all know that Bear’s real name is Bearregard so he has been dubbed General Bearregard. Jasmine’s title was actually her name when we got her (no, she is not named after a Disney Character) so she is Princess Jasmine. I found Jack in an ice storm and he survived the night somehow during the driving snow and ice. His teeth chatter if it’s too cold now and he has fat now that he didn’t have then. So I had to name him something that would commemorate his harrowing experience in the ice storm. His full name is Jack Frost. Neither of us call him that though, it’s always Jack or Jackie. I figure being named after Old Man Winter was a good enough title. Now Tucker needs a title too. We call him either Tucker or Tuck. Just a little side note here. When we got Jack and I named him Jack, I didn’t think about how Similar Jack and Jasmine sounded until every time I called Jack, Jasmine would come. It was complicated by the fact that we sometimes call her Jas. I thought we was doing good when we named Tucker because that doesn’t sound like either one…until we started calling him Tuck. So we have Jas, Jack and Tuck. I had thought about it and Friar Tuck came to mind but I quickly ruled that out since it didn’t suit his personality. Last night, it came to me. He has now been dubbed King Tuckankhamun, or King Tuck for short.

4 comments:

Heather and Thomas Mann said...

Fun tradition! Perfect name for the newest addition to your family! Hope you are doing great!

Valerie said...

The kids were laughing at all their names. I knew Bear's, but I didn't remember the others.

Stella Andes said...

That's funny! You are so creative!!

Us said...

King Tuck is so cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails