Thursday, November 3, 2011

My mini triathalon

I have been bad. I have not been exercising like I should. I haven't been eating as well as I should. So to jump start it, I decided to do a personal, mini, triathalon.

I rode my bike for 30 minutes, averaging 13 MPH. (I finally got to use my road bike again as it's had a problem I was unable to fix myself.)


Leg 2 was a run with the dogs. We went 3.75 miles in 1:10 which comes out to about 3.1 MPH average. I hate running so it doesn't happen without the dogs...which they enjoy so I think it works out well.


Leg 3 was the swim. I spent 50 minutes in the pool, half of which was spent clinging to the side, catching my breath. Dive practice was going on so I watched that between laps. I was on my last lap when I kicked (hard) the floating lane barriers. It hurt so much I had to use the rope to pull myself in. It's a small bruise but it's bright purple already. I definitely need goggles next time...my eyes are still sore.



I have come to a conclusion...I will not be entering in a triathalon anytime soon! It was torture, but fun at times too.



1 comment:

Us said...

That sounds like a pretty strenuous workout!! I need to do something more strenuous than school work! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails